The Alien Encounters/Dear Diary...

The Alien Encounters/Dear Diary...
Dear diary, I'm feelin' UHF today...

Sunday, February 1, 2015

The X from Outer Space


Sat down and watched The X from Outer Space (1967) for the very first time recently.


Having no nostalgic or emotional connections to this giant monster movie, while watching the titular antennaed birdlike creature repeatedly destroy Japan I will report that I did have an occasional olfactory flashback to the strangely comforting petrochemical smell of those small rubber monster toys sold for a quarter in egg shaped plastic capsules from bubble gum vending machines back when I was a kid.


As for the film: I liked it a lot; colorful with a great swinging sixties soundtrack.

Here's the international trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment